Sunday, June 19, 2005

Myst

I am standing on a beach. It is perhaps morning; the air is brisk and refreshing; the sky is grey. Behind me the beach quickly stops and is transformed into a mixed forest of deep greens and deeper shadows; before me is a silver lake enshrouded in fog. I can see perhaps ten feet in all directions because of the forest and fog.

As I wait on the shores of the silver lake, I feel an expectancy, for what, I do not know. I bounce on my toes, peering forward into the mist on the lake, waiting. Suddenly and yet slowly, the shadow of a figure appears in the fog- walking on the water. His arms are spread slightly outward. I continue to wait on the shore, staring hard, waiting eagerly for Him.

Suddenly I can bear it no more and I step gently with bare feet onto the mirror-calm waters. Treading gently and watching the figure coming clearer, I know it is Him. I look around to see the marvel of my walking and I begin to sink, but I look back and I am raised up again. I can see His face now, He is only two feet away, He is smiling. All I can do is fall in His arms and be held by Him, enveloped in the mist, standing on the water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home